Just listening is not enough. Our clients typically seek therapy because they’re experiencing significant distress or a major difficulty, and they’ve taken the brave step to reach out for help. Our clinical psychologists have completed many years of academic training and supervised work with clients, so you can feel confident that we know what we’re doing and that you’re in safe hands.
At myLife Psychologists we specialise in providing therapies that have been proven to be effective through scientific research, and that are recognised internationally. These include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness and Schema Therapy. The treatments we use are practical and solution focused, with guidance in practical techniques to use in every-day life.
Of course one size doesn’t fit all, and we pride ourselves on our ability to comprehensively assess our clients concerns and work with them to develop an individualised treatment plan to achieve their goals in a timely manner. Seeing a psychologist can feel like a big step, and so our therapists are always mindful of ensuring clients feel comfortable, respected and understood.
We offer week-day appointments, including after-hours, in our Sydney CBD and Alexandria consultation rooms. All of our psychologists are registered to provide Medicare and private health fund rebates.
Our clinical psychologists each have their own areas of special interest. These include but are not limited to:
- Addictions (e.g. substances, gambling, internet);
- Adjustment to life-stage transitions (e.g. parenting, retirement);
- Alcohol and substance problems;
- Anger management;
- Bipolar disorder;
- Couples therapy and marriage counselling;
- Depression including antenatal and postnatal depression;
- Eating disorders including anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating and body image concerns;
- Emotion regulation problems;
- Grief and coping with loss;
- Health anxiety;
- Health conditions (e.g. IBS, chronic pain, chronic fatigue);
- Insomnia and sleeping problems;
- Mindfulness and meditation;
- Obsessions and compulsive behaviours;
- Panic attacks;
- Self-esteem, confidence and assertiveness issues;
- Sexual difficulties;
- Social and performance anxiety;
- Stress related to work or other significant life areas;
- Trauma and PTSD;
- Worry and generalised anxiety.
Learn more about our approach to therapy and what to expect from your treatment.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact us.